St. Louis Forest Park South
Macklind Avenue Headquarters
1201 Macklind Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Commit to a minimum of six months of service
- Contribute an average of 2 hours per week
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have regular access to an email account and internet connection to access your volunteer page. If you do not have internet/email we encourage you to visit your local library
- Shelter volunteers are required the pay a one-time volunteer fee of $20 to cover the costs of administrative processing, training materials, volunteer t-shirt and other costs that will allow more resources to go directly to our animals.
- Attend a Volunteer Open House – Open Houses are scheduled 1-2 times a month & fill up quickly! Ready to get signed up? Submit your volunteer fee now »
Volunteer Opportunities at the Macklind Ave. Headquarters
+ Dog Walker
Volunteers are needed in the morning and evening shifts to take our shelter dogs out of their kennels and on a short walk around our facility.
+ Canine Kennel Enrichment
Volunteers are needed to interact with the dogs while they are in their kennels, to give them a similar experience to living in a household and help keep the dogs engaged in their kennels.
+ Adoption Ambassadors: General, Feline or Canine
Volunteers can assist with adoptions as an adoption ambassador by greeting visitors, showing them where our animals are located and connecting them with adoption counselor staff. Feline and Canine ambassadors will be paired with staff to help the adoption process through completion.
+ Gift Shop
Volunteers will help keep our gift shop neat and orderly and assist visitors with their transactions.
+ Shelter Support
Volunteers are ALWAYS needed to help our shelter with the massive undertaking of providing clean and comfortable shelter supplies to our animals. This includes laundry, newspaper clippings and other shelter cleaning support.
How to Become a Volunteer
First step? Learn about HSMO and our volunteer program by submitting your volunteer fee to attend a Volunteer Open House - Open Houses are scheduled 1-2 times a month and fill up quickly! Submit your volunteer fee now »
If you have any questions, please contact us at 314.951.1577 or email@example.com